I recently asked on facebook, “Where is your favorite place to leave your husband notes?” Later that day, I found a tube of lipstick, (that I bought at the Dollar Tree before Christmas) to leave Gerad notes on the bathroom mirror, unopened. I then realized how long it has been since I left Gerad a note. I often have really good intentions in this area, because it’s his love language and not mine. I try really hard to succeed at it, but often I just have good intentions. At one point in time I had purchased a pack of small post-its and wrote a little note to Gerad on most of them, enough for one a day, for a year. He’s probably gotten 10 of them. They are still tucked away, I need to get them out. The thing is, I stuck one of those notes in the bathroom and it’s still hanging there, at least 2 years later (see, good intentions, no follow through). Our words are so powerful and are such an encouragement to our husbands. The notes don’t always have to be suggestive (though that is fun too), sometimes just a note that says, “I’m proud to be your wife.” or “I love waking up next to you” can make our hubbies feel like they are on top of the world.
Here are the ideas from facebook:
- Leave a note in his car while he’s at work to find before he comes home
- Leave a note in his lunch box, (I like to write them on his napkin)
- Writing a note on the bathroom mirror, so you can see it when it fogs up
- One suggestion was to date your notes so he knows how long it’s been “hiding” before he found the note
- Leaving them in shirt pockets after you iron them or jean pockets while folding
- Passionate E-mails
- Having a box where you can both put notes as you write them
- Using a journal to write back and forth to each other
Here’s my challenge to you. Pick an idea and DO IT! Leave a comment letting me know what you did, I’d love to hear about your successes. I’m off now to go hide a few notes for Gerad before he reads this post!